Aquamid PAAG Hydrogel
Chronic arthritis can cause debilitating, chronic joint pain for horses and dogs. Although the management of any animal with joint pain involves careful balancing of many different treatment modalities, KahmaVet is proud to provide a unique new addition to some of your arthritic patients.
Aquamid Polyacrylamide (PAAG) hydrogel is an inert polymer that can be injected into the joint space, providing long-term veterinary help for horses or dogs with chronic arthritis, as a part of your veterinary management.
The system is provided to veterinarians as a single-use, sterile, pre-filled syringe, meaning:
- Preparation is simple – a sterile intra-articular injection of the affected joint is all that is required
- The PAAG hydrogel persists in an inert form within the joint capsule, occupying space between exposed bones which may have caused pain by touching
- Well known in human and equine medicine
- An ideal addition to your multi-modal management of patients with arthritis
- Only available to registered veterinarians as part of an arthritis management programme